Decisive, Innovative Leadership for Amesbury
During his 8 years as mayor, Thatcher Kezer has:
- Cut spending While Maintaining Quality of Life Services
- Negotiated an $880,000 reduction in health costs
- Reduced trash and recycling costs by $115,000.
- Generated $240,000 in savings through regionalization of dispatch operations and $100,000 a year through regionalized health services.
- Held current city budget to a 0.4% increase while meeting all of our obligations for delivering city services.
- Supported the Schools:
- Increased Amesbury’s investment in schools by $5.9 million over the past five years in response to the decrease in state and federal education funding.
- 90% of all new budget dollars for 2014 will go to Amesbury schools.
- 73% of all new budget dollars went to schools over the last seven years.
- Improved Infrastructure through State and Federal Funding:
- While keeping budgets level through cost control and efficiencies operations Mayor Kezer is investing more in improving your roads, sidewalks, drains, water and sewer infrastructure. He has secured over $33 million in state and federal funding for Amesbury improvements.
- Increased Economic Growth and Job Development:
- Secured over $950,000 in grants to complete the Upper Millyard Revitalization which will improve the quality of life in Amesbury.
- The Lower Millyard Revitalization Project is expected to bring over $90 million in private sector economic growth and new jobs to Amesbury and over $1 million in new revenues.
Thatcher Kezer’s Platform
- Continue significant investment in Amesbury’s schools
- Continue cost control while delivering city services residents expect
- Continue to generate savings for the community through regionalization, innovation and efficiency opportunities, including:
- Solarization of city-owned facilities. Learn About Amesbury’s Green Community Application Process
- Secure Amesbury’s participation in National Grid’s ‘Electric Aggregation’ program, enabling Amesbury residents to buy electricity at a lower negotiated bulk rate.
- Work toward Zero Net Emissions for the City, following the lead of Chelmsford and other communities.
- Continue to re-engineer the way that we do business to lower costs and add productivity.
- Continue to expand the City’s commercial and industrial base through investments such as the Lower Millyard.
- Continue to re-invest savings from contracts, regionalization and CIP growth into schools, roads, sidewalks and parks.
Citizens to Elect Thatcher Kezer
PO Box 204, Amesbury, MA 01913
Email Thatcher Kezer at: